Versipel New Music 2019 – 20 Call for Scores
The 2019 Versipel New Music Call for Scores is now closed.
Versipel New Music, a presenting organization for cutting-edge contemporary music concerts in the New Orleans area, announces a call for scores for solo/chamber works to be included in the upcoming concert season.
Pieces selected for performance will be considered on a concert-by-concert basis for Versipel New Music’s 2019 – 20 concert season. Composers may submit one to two pieces of any length and any aesthetic direction, for a combination of 1 – 6 performers with or without electronics (live electronics or fixed media) (see below for details regarding specific instrumentation).
Scores using graphic notation, improvisation, and/or open instrumentation are welcome.
- Limit two entries per composer.
- Anonymous submissions only [NOTE: scores and recordings must also be anonymous]
- Works must be solo or chamber music compositions (1 – 6 performers). Any combination of the following (one player per instrument (except for percussion)). Instrumentation other than what is listed below will not be considered at this time. String quartets or works for voice will not be considered at this time:
- Flute (+ Piccolo, Alto Flute)
- Clarinet (+ Bass Clarinet)
- Saxophone (Alto, Tenor, or Baritone)
- Guitar (Classical or Electric)
- Percussion (1 – 3 players)
- Works using live or fixed-media electronics are welcome.
- Works for two-channel fixed media digital audio (without live instruments) are also welcome.
- All application materials must be submitted online on or before June 8th, 2019.
- There is a required fee of $13 to submit for one submission, and $20 for two submissions.
- There is no age limit for the composer(s).
- There is no minimum/maximum length requirement for submissions.
- Composers of any nationality may apply.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered.
To apply, please submit application fee through the PayPal link (below) and fill out the online submission form (below). Scores and recordings should be hosted on a file sharing website such as Dropbox.
- Link(s) to PDF of the score(s). Composer’s name must not appear anywhere on the score. PDF files must be labeled by the name of the composition only (i.e. pdf). The name of the composer must not appear in the file name or in the metadata.
- Link(s) MP3 recording of composition(s) are highly suggested but not required. MP3 files must be labeled by the name of the composition only (i.e. mp3). The name of the composer must not appear in the file name or in the metadata.
- Link to composer C.V. or Bio.
- Recordings for multi-movement works should be submitted as a single mp3 file.
- MIDI versions of works are acceptable.
- Please make certain that the links you provide are accessible (or sharable) to a third party.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Philip Schuessler, Assistant Director
schuessler [at] versipel [dot] org
Submission Checklist (DEADLINE – June 8th, 2019):
- Online Submission Form including:
- Link(s) PDF of anonymous score (labeled pdf)
- Link(s) MP3 of anonymous recording (if available) (labeled mp3)
- Link to Bio or C.V.
- Required submission fee ($13 or $20) paid online through Paypal