Versipel New Music
*2018 Concert Season – Call For Scores *
This call for scores is now closed. Notification time of the results will vary depending on which concerts in the season the selections are programmed, but we will likely be making final decisions in late February/early March.
DEADLINE – January 2nd, 2018
FEE – $12.00
Application Form (Please read guidelines below before submitting)
Versipel New Music, a presenting organization for cutting-edge contemporary music concerts in the New Orleans area, announces a call for scores for solo/chamber works to be included in the upcoming concert season.
Pieces selected for performance will be considered on a concert-by-concert basis for Versipel New Music’s 2018 concert season. Composers may submit one piece of any length and any aesthetic direction, for any combination of 1 – 6 performers with or without electronics (live electronics or fixed media) (see below for details regarding specific instrumentation).
Scores using graphic notation, improvisation, and/or open instrumentation are welcome.
- Works must be solo or chamber music compositions (1 – 6 performers). Any combination of the following (one player per instrument (except for percussion)). Instrumentation other than what is listed below will not be considered at this time. String quartets or works for voice will not be considered at this time:
- Flute (+ Piccolo, Alto Flute)
- Clarinet (+ Bass Clarinet)
- Guitar (Classical or Electric)
- Percussion (1 – 3 players)
- Works using live or fixed-media electronics are welcome.
- Works for two-channel fixed media digital audio (without live instruments) are also welcome.
- All application materials must be submitted online by January 2nd, 2018.
- There is a required fee of $12 to submit.
- There is no age limit.
- Composers of any nationality may apply.
- Anonymous scores and recordings only.
- Limit one entry per composer.
- Incomplete entries will not be considered.
To apply, please fill out the online submission form (below) and attach these necessary files to the form:
- PDF of the score. Composer’s name must not appear anywhere on the score. PDF files must be labeled by the name of the composition only (i.e. pdf). The name of the composer must not appear in the file name or in the metadata.
- MP3 recording of composition (if available) may be included but is not required. MP3 files must be labeled by the name of the composition only (i.e. mp3). The name of the composer must not appear in the file name or in the metadata.
- Maximum file size of 30 MB (for larger works, please submit an excerpt).
- Recordings for multi-movement works should be submitted as a single mp3 file.
- MIDI versions of works are acceptable.
Once you complete the form, you will click the submit button at the bottom of the page, and it will direct you to Paypal to pay the submission fee. Once you have paid the fee, you should receive a confirmation e-mail stating that your submission is complete.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Philip Schuessler, Assistant Director
Submission Checklist (DEADLINE – January 2nd, 2018):
- Online Submission Form including:
- PDF of anonymous score (labeled pdf)
- MP3 of anonymous recording (if available) (labeled mp3)
- Required submission fee ($12) paid online through Paypal (link available in submission form)